The Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization, located in Sharjah, UAE, in the Souk Al Majara building, is one of the most important Sharjah museums.
The museum includes thousands of pieces from the Islamic civilization, which are of great importance, where you can learn more about the Islamic civilization.
In addition to learning about important details from Islamic history, science, Islamic culture, and the wonderful arts and family, all these features made the Islamic Museum in Sharjah one of the most important tourist places.
The best activities in the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization
The museum includes seven permanent exhibitions, which are divided as follows:
• You can start with the Abu Bakr Hall of the Islamic Faith, as this hall is devoted to introducing the principles of Islam and the Holy Qur’an. There is a model of the Kaaba and several parts of the covering of the Great Mosque of Mecca, and rare manuscripts from the Holy Qur’an and interpretations.
• Then, you can visit the Ibn Al-Haytham Hall for Science and Technology, where it displays the achievements of Muslim scholars and their contributions to human civilization.
And that is through three-dimensional models, pictures, and information about the most important discoveries and inventions, within the topics of medicine, astronomy, science, engineering, mathematics, and many others.
• You can also visit the First Islamic Arts Hall, which includes artworks and artifacts made, ceramics, metal, glass, and many more.
• Then you can visit the second Islamic Art Gallery, which displays Islamic art pieces from the twelfth century AD and many Mamluk, Safavid, and Ottoman metal and ceramic pieces.
• The third and fourth Islamic Art Gallery, the two halls are dedicated to handicrafts, displaying old used weapons, and many others.
• Finally, you can visit the numismatics exhibition. The museum includes distinctive display boxes for Islamic coins, where the visitor gets acquainted with the history and origin of the Islamic currency.
And through it, the visitor experiences an unparalleled experience by approaching Islamic history and learning about its breadth.
The museum is available for visiting from Saturday to Thursday from 8:00 in the morning until 8:00 pm.
On Fridays, it is available for visiting from 4:00 pm until 8:00 pm.
Prices of entry tickets to the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization
For children under two years of age, admission is free.
Children 2-12 years 3 dirhams per child. As for adults 13+ years old, 7 dirhams per person.
The best hotels in Sharjah near the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization
Radisson Blue Resort Sharjah is one of the best 5-star hotels in Sharjah, as it is less than a 5-minute drive from the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization. The resort has received good reviews for the location, food, services, hygiene, beach, and pool.
Swiss Belhotel Sharjah is one of the best 4-star hotels in the UAE, as it is less than a 5-minute drive from the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization. The hotel got excellent reviews in all of the tranquility, staff, location, and spacious rooms.